Friday 9 March 2007

Up and Away

Fr Renzo Sala, who stayed with us last summer, has sent us from Italy these splendid photographs of the Summer Fair on the Cathedral Piazza last June. The event was a huge success, although HE the Cardinal had to hold his own against some boisterous balloons, which seemed determined to steal the show.

Fr Seed and I were, I hasten to add, not part of the fancy dress parade...

Aurora Dumlao was holding on to those balloons for dear life, and Fr Christopher stood by in case she needed extra ballast.

But, with his redoubtable skill at organising the most recalcitrant elements into parade order, he soon tamed the balloons.

And eventually they were released into a bright London sky.
add

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Father

It looks like you had a good time with the balloons. May I ask why you are wearing I think a bishops cassock? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Mark Langham said...

Nope - that's a Monsignor's cassock (on me, at least - the Cardinal's is the Scarlet one!).

Pippo said...

Splendid soutane Monsignor!