Tuesday 17 April 2007

The Visit of the Lord Mayor

I showed the Lord Mayor of Westminster, Councillor Alexander Nichol, and his wife, around the Cathedral yesterday. You note the measure of my success by the way in which they are looking in quite the opposite direction! It is always a good idea to get to know the Civic authorities, and the Lord Mayor is very involved with the Church of England (where he is concerned with communications), so we had a fascinating discussion. Having departed back to City Hall, he was back in the Cathedral less than an hour later to attend the Mass celebrating the Holy Father's birthday. There's dedication!

1 comment:

Peter Simpson said...

This would make a good caption competition! Here is my entry:

The Administrator stood by himself and said: 'I thank you God, that I am not like other people. I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all my income to the Cathedral.'